I know I’ve done this a lot lately: direct you to other blogs. I have so many articles written in my head, but getting them typed out… that’s a different matter entirely. (59 days before we leave California.)
The No Bohns About It post, Why in the World Does the Race or Ethnicity of a Foster Child Matter?, is probably one of the best posts I’ve ever read about race and adoption. It’s focused, direct, and brief. I highly recommend it.
While I’m recommending other blog posts, I wrote a couple of good ones for adoption.com in April and May.
- What To Do If Your Adoption Professional Is Unethical, a topic that we don’t talk a lot about in the adoption community, even though it’s not an uncommon occurrence.
- I Want to Adopt in the Future. How Do I Prepare Now?, is a list of five things you can do right now if you
knowthink you want to adopt someday.
- 7 Adoption Themes in Star Wars You May Have Missed, my annual Star Wars Day post. Spoiler alert! Vader has RAD.
- Why I Love Honey Maid’s New ‘Little Brother’ Commercial, is a fluffy piece about an adorable commercial that features transracial adoption.
- More Than 11 Reforms I’d Like to See in Foster Care, is a decidedly NON-fluffy piece about how broken our foster care system is. (Another piece I have written in my head.)
Finally, a random picture of my Smores Frappuccino. I love Frappy Hours!