Every year, the Open Adoption Bloggers asks for submissions for the favorite blog posts of that year. When you submit a post of your own, you also submit a post of someone else’s. This year’s list is very interesting.
It was hard for me to choose one of my own posts and just one of someone else’s. Here’s a brief list of my favorites of both.
My favorite blog posts written by me:
- Children Adopted Internationally Do Have Birth Parents *
- 80% of Open Adoptions Close… Or Not
- Robyn’s Adoption Land (not really my favorite, but I have a collection of links to all of the Robyn’s Adoption Land posts there)
- How Do the Kids Feel Now That Miss M’s Gone?
- My Connection to Spock
- Thoughts from One Birthmom
- I Hate Breastfeeding
- The Choice Myth
- A Words
- Why We Didn’t Adopt from Foster Care
- Why I Don’t Support Adoption Certificates
My favorite blog posts written by others:
- The Changing World of Adoption, Birthmothers for Adoption
- Ready or Not, Glasnost is Coming to Adoption, Lavender Luz
- I’m One of the Bad Guys, Don’t We Look Alike?
- You Don’t Need an Excuse, This Woman’s Work
- What’s Your Excuse?, The Happiest Sad
- I Am a Big Tough Girl, Adoption: Share the Love
- Who Killed the Cat? Curiosity Stupid!, And other ideas and thoughts
- This is Why I Have Always Celebrated Mother’s Day, A Birthmother Voice
- My #1 Secret Tip for a Successful Open Adoption, Creating a Family *
- The Importance of Story, Don’t We Look Alike?
- Needing to let go of subsidy-related anger, Foster Parenting Adventures
- But What About My Family?, Stop, Drop, and Blog
- Twelve Things You Can Do To Make Sure Your Adoption Is Ethical, Adoption at the Movies
- Thoughts from the Heart, Weathering Storms
- How to Read an Adoptee Blog Without Getting Offended, The Declassified Adoptee
- Top 10 Tips for Choosing an Open Adoption Agency, Creating a Family