The other day*, almost immediately after posting about Cassie not sleeping in her crib during the day, I received this comment:
I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. http://www.adoptivemommydiaries.com/2012/01/liebster-blog-award.html
I had no idea where this started, but the description from Adoptive Mommy Diaries seemed very much in keeping with the spirit of this blog. So, I looked it up. The best description I found states:
[the word] Liebster meaning “favorite” or “dearest,” to showcase bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. Upon accepting the award the recipient must then pass it on to five more blogs of note.
The Liebster Award is for “little blogs” with fewer than 200 followers and is a way to spread the word about your great finds.
The rules of this award are:
- Show your thanks to the blogger who nominated you by linking back to their blog. Thanks Adoptive Mommy Diaries!
- Nominate five other blogs with 200 followers or fewer by posting a comment on their blogs.
- Post the award on your blog.
- Check out what the other up-and-coming blogs have to offer.
Five blogs I’ve nominated:
- Carrying a Cat By the Tail: A birthmother blog. I’ve always admired the author’s honesty and openness.
- God Will Fill This Nest: A blog that was, until recently, a waiting to adopt blog. The author’s son was born a few days after Cassie.
- Mama’s Always On Stage: The only non-adoption blog. This one belongs to my friend Paula who writes about insane stupidity on a national level. And her life. And sometimes theatre.
- They’re All My Own: An enjoyable adoption blog.
- TTA Baby: A prospective adoptive parent blog. Again, I admire the author’s honesty and openness.
I feel that I should mention that I would nominate Adoptive Mommy Diaries if she hadn’t been the one to nominate me. Her blog is a new find of mine, and I’ve really enjoyed her writing and perspective.
* OK… almost a week ago now. I started writing this post and got busy with Jackson’s birthday party prep.