Seeing as how Cassie is just one day shy of one month old, she didn’t care all that much about Thanksgiving. But I put her in a cute dress and Thanksgiving-themed bib just the same. Great-Grandma spent most of the time holding Cassie.
A lot of my Facebook friends have been posting one thing that they’re thankful for each day. I’m too lazy to do that, so I thought I might share what I’m thankful for here.
- I am thankful for my children, Jackson and Cassie, even when they’re very loud or don’t sleep when we want them to. They’re awesome little people, and I look forward to seeing how amazing they become each day.
- I am thankful for my husband, Max, who is often better than I deserve.
- I am thankful for my nearby family, that my father likes to garden, that my grandmother who is almost 90 is healthier than most 40-year olds, and that they both love their children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.
- I am thankful for my extended family, throughout the US, including my many cousins.
- I am thankful for my nearby friends, whether they like Twilight or mock it.
- I am thankful for my friends all throughout the country and abroad.
- I am thankful for my children’s birth parents, who made the difficult decisions to trust us to parent. Without them, we wouldn’t be a family.
- I am thankful for the Internet, so I can see my friends and family and their children every day. As much as I hate the new Facebook, I have to admit it’s a handy way to keep up with so many far flung individuals.
- I am thankful that we moved back to California – because of this, we got to spend another year with my grandfather before he died, and another five years with my mom before she died. (The teddy bear in the picture belonged to my grandpa. Great-Grandma brought it for Cassie, so now she has something of his.)
- I am thankful for our house. It may not be perfect, but it’s a home.
- I am thankful for our jobs and for the people with whom we work. Max’s boss and my government-related organization are really almost everything we could want in employers.
- I am thankful for Jackson’s school. We’re making many new friends, but more importantly, we feel that Jackson is getting a good education that is more suited to him.
I could go on, but Cassie is stirring – about to wake up for whatever meal one eats at 10:30 at night.
Good luck on Black Friday, all you insane shoppers!