The WordPress post-a-day topic for September 3 was an easy and fun one:
Write a top ten list of your favorite songs.
- Bizarre Love Triangle, New Order
- Closer to Fine, Indigo Girls
- Winter, Tori Amos (I have 16 versions)
- Rockin’ Robin, Bobby Day (it was either embrace it, or be pissed anytime anyone sang it)
- Galileo, Indigo Girls
- The Search is Over, Survivor (the closest thing Max and I have to “our song”)
- Dark Blue, Jack’s Mannequin (from the Twilight playlists)
- Chase This Light, Jimmy Eat World (from the Twilight playlists)
- 99 Red Balloons/99 Luftballons, Nena
- Silver Blue, Roxette
You may notice there aren’t any showtunes on this list. I kind of compartmentalize showtunes. It would be hard to compare them to more contemporary music. So, I thought I’d create a list of my to 10 showtunes too.
- Hold On, The Secret Garden
- Holding to the Ground, Falsettoland
- Into the Fire, The Scarlet Pimpernel
- One Day More, Les Miserables
- One Song Glory, Rent
- I love so many songs from Wicked, it’s hard to pick just one… The Wizard and I nudges out the others by just a bit.
- Smoke and Mirrors, Nemeses (A musical written at CMU that I was in my freshman year. This was the song I never got to sing on stage.)
- What Is This Feeling?, Wicked
- Defying Gravity, Wicked
- You Are My Home, The Scarlet Pimpernel (two friends sung this at our wedding)
Just a bit of fluff in the getting to know you vein.