I was going through our receipts and expenses to bring to our tax accountant. We paid for our home study update on March 30, 2010. So, we officially began our home study – and thus, the adoption process – 1 year ago.
Our home study was complete at the end of September. I think I just go with September 29 because that’s after Max and I sent our comments to the social worker and when we got the unsigned copy. If you look at the bottom of this blog, you’ll see a LilyPie counter. Today (March 30, 2011), it will tell you that we have been waiting six months to bring our baby girl home.
Our profile has been shown a few times in the last 4 months (it took me 2 months to get our original profile together), but nothing has gone anywhere.
For the record, we’re working with:
- A Bundle of Joy Adoption Referral (thank you to all who provided feedback!)
- Chicks In Crisis (pregnancy center in Sacramento)
- Hands to Hold Adoption Referral
- Heaven Sent Adoption Referral
- Little Bit of Heaven Adoption Referral
- One World Adoption Services (agency in FL)
- Project Cuddle (we signed up to be a rescue family)
I’m really not good at sitting back and waiting, as anyone who knows me personally can attest. I can procrastinate with the best of them, but WAIT? Patience is a virtue I’m still learning about.