The Open Adoption Bloggers created a list of the Best Adoption-Related Posts of 2012. So, today and tomorrow, I’m posting my favorite adoption-related blog posts of 2012, starting with my own.
- Jackson, On Telling Children They Were Adopted: My personal favorite.
- Adoption Should Be Tax-Deductible
“Let’s cut through all of the confusion: All adoption-related expenses should be tax deductible!”
- Open Adoption Roundtable 38: What I Want to Say To You on Mother’s Day
“There are a few things that I think you should know before you become an adoptive mom.”
- Book Review: The Best for You
“The Best for You is a simple, beautiful book that adopted children will want to read. It imparts an important message that they need to hear: You were not given up. You were wanted. You are loved. ‘Adoption means I wanted the best for you.’”
- Open Adoption Roundtable 40: Choosing Open Adoption
“As long as open adoption is what’s best for my kids, that’s what we’re going to do. I don’t see that changing. Ever.”
- Jackson’s Adoption Day
“We choose to celebrate Jackson’s Adoption Day to celebrate the joy and gain in adoption, because they’re there too.”